WAEC withholds results of 668 NOV/DEC WASSCE candidates
The West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) has released results of 128,707 private candidates who took part in the 2016 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) popularly referred to as NOV/DEC.
WAEC has however withheld results of 668 candidates who it believes indulged in examination malpractices.
A statement from WAEC and signed by its Deputy Director, Public Affairs said the withheld results will be released after conclusion of investigations.
"The results of 668 candidates alleged to have been involved in various examination malpractices have been withheld pending the conclusion of investigations into the cases of malpractices. The withheld results will be released as soon as the Council concludes its investigations," the statement added.
The Council however assured that its database is well secured and that "all forged results can be detected by the confirmation/verification system."
It further urged institutions and organisations to verify results presented to them directly from WAEC or via its website www.waecgh.org where candidates may access their results.
WAEC cancels 1,576 results
WAEC in August, 2016 cancelled some results of 1,576 candidates who took part in the main WASSCE exams while 598 candidates had their entire results cancelled.
Reports of widespread leakages in the examinations compelled WAEC to tighten its security measures.
At least three papers according to WAEC, were "compromised," but the council did not cancel any of the papers when the issue emanated.
Godwin A. Allotey/citifmonline
Published by GWS Online GH : 2016-12-22
Do you have News to share? Simply email us.
News Archive - Recent Articles
- 11,815 Candidates Register For 2018 Private BECE
- Seven Great Princess Academy 'tops BECE Rankings Again'
- WAEC Moves WASSCE To May To Aid Candidates' Preparations
- Donald Trump Language On Africa Unacceptable, Racist: Ghana
- I’m Yet To Receive Job Details As Free SHS Ambassador - Rahim Banda
- Menstruating Girls Banned From Crossing Ghana River
- Usurping God's Authority Over Life And Wielding Own Power To Take Life Away
- Total Elimination Of Schools Under Trees - Alban Bagbin
- Accra Academy Open Drain And Gutters Turned Into Rubbish And Defecation Site
- INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION IS STILL AN EQUAL CHOICE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURSUIT
¦ Page 1 ¦ Page 2 ¦ Page 3 ¦ Page 4 ¦ Page 5 ¦ Page 6 ¦ Page 7 ¦ Page 8 ¦ Page 9 ¦ Page 10 ¦ Page 11 ¦ Page 12 ¦ Page 13 ¦ Page 14 ¦ Page 15 ¦ Page 16 ¦ Page 17 ¦ Page 18 ¦ Page 19 ¦ Page 20 ¦ Page 21 ¦ Page 22 ¦ Page 23 ¦ Page 24 ¦ Page 25 ¦ Page 26 ¦ Page 27 ¦ Page 28 ¦ Page 29 ¦ Page 30 ¦ Page 31 ¦ Page 32 ¦