Provisional results of private WASSCE candidates out
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the provisional results of 128, 707 candidates who took the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates, in 2016.
The results of 668 candidates alleged to have been involved in various malpractices have, however, been withheld pending the conclusion of investigations into the cases.
A statement signed by Mrs Agnes Teye-Cudjoe, the Deputy Director, Public Affairs WAEC, and copied to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) on Thursday, said the candidates could access their results online at www.waecgh.org.
It said that the withheld results would be released as soon as the Council had concluded its investigations.
"The Council wishes to use this opportunity to alert members of the public to be wary of the activities of fraudsters who contact candidates with the promise of bettering their results for a fee payable through mobile money transfers," the statement said.
It said the Council's results database was well secured, therefore, all forged results could be detected by the confirmation/verification system.
The Council advised institutions and organizations to confirm or verify results presented to them directly from the Council or access the confirmation/verification service online at the WAEC website.
Published by GWS Online GH : 2016-12-24
Do you have News to share? Simply email us.
News Archive - Recent Articles
- 11,815 Candidates Register For 2018 Private BECE
- Seven Great Princess Academy 'tops BECE Rankings Again'
- WAEC Moves WASSCE To May To Aid Candidates' Preparations
- Donald Trump Language On Africa Unacceptable, Racist: Ghana
- I’m Yet To Receive Job Details As Free SHS Ambassador - Rahim Banda
- Menstruating Girls Banned From Crossing Ghana River
- Usurping God's Authority Over Life And Wielding Own Power To Take Life Away
- Total Elimination Of Schools Under Trees - Alban Bagbin
- Accra Academy Open Drain And Gutters Turned Into Rubbish And Defecation Site
- INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION IS STILL AN EQUAL CHOICE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURSUIT
¦ Page 1 ¦ Page 2 ¦ Page 3 ¦ Page 4 ¦ Page 5 ¦ Page 6 ¦ Page 7 ¦ Page 8 ¦ Page 9 ¦ Page 10 ¦ Page 11 ¦ Page 12 ¦ Page 13 ¦ Page 14 ¦ Page 15 ¦ Page 16 ¦ Page 17 ¦ Page 18 ¦ Page 19 ¦ Page 20 ¦ Page 21 ¦ Page 22 ¦ Page 23 ¦ Page 24 ¦ Page 25 ¦ Page 26 ¦ Page 27 ¦ Page 28 ¦ Page 29 ¦ Page 30 ¦ Page 31 ¦ Page 32 ¦