Institute of Aviation and Professional Studies
Ghana CAA Aviation Training Academy
APTECH Aviation & Hospitality Academy
International School of Aviation
Behind VRA Quarters, Comm. 3, Tema, Ghana
Global Institute Of Aviation
Adj. Iran Clinic, Adabraka, Accra, Ghana
Finding the Right Aviation School
It is not easy to find a flying school. There are different types of aviation academies. You will be surprised to find so many choices. It is not a matter of giving in to impulse. You will have to make the right selection with care. If you do not have any prior flying experience, it will be even more important. There are different factors which will help you make the right choice.
Before you select an aircraft institute, do try to determine, why you want to fly.
Is it for fun only? Do you want to just be up in the sky and the cloud? Are you trying to fulfill your dream for flying only? Or are you serious and want to take it up as your career? These questions will put you in the right path and will help you select one of the flying schools.
The next set of question is also important in deciding the college. Where do you want to fly? Do want to be limited to your area only? Or do you want to cross the borders and invade the sky of other countries? The aircraft of your dream will also be another deciding factor. What does your dream say? Do you see yourself flying a shiny, new commercial aircraft? Or does your dream project an image of you flying a small aircraft? Remember that these questions are important as there are different types of training programs for each one of the flying goals.
When you are through with asking yourself all these questions, you will be able to select one of the academies.
You will find different types of such schools available. Short list the schools and try to find out what kind of courses each of the schools offer. Go through the pamphlet carefully. However, do not rely on the words of the pamphlets only. Make sure to do some individual research.
You should visit each one of the schools in person and have a talk with the concerned person. Do not hesitate in asking questions. If you fail to understand what they are saying, make sure to ask. It will save you from future troubles. Inquire about the number of students. Some aviation schools provide individual instructor. Ask whether you will be getting one or not. Remember that to be safe is to be knowledgeable. Therefore, do not neglect the importance of enquiry before taking any decision.
CABIN CREW JOB DESCRIPTION
The role of a Cabin Crew is to provide excellent Customer Service to passengers whiles ensuring their comfort and safety throughout the flight. They are trained to deal with security and emergency situations which may arise and can administer first aid to passengers.The Cabin Crew ensures that all emergency equipment is in working order prior to takeoff. They also help passengers to board the plane and give a demonstration of safety procedures and equipment. The Cabin Crew strives to make the flying experience a pleasant one for the passengers. They serve refreshment and meals, sell duty-free items on board the aircraft.
The course is open not only to students but includes those who wish to join on their own merits, those who are interested in the Aviation Industry and those who wish to understand the exciting world of the Airlines. We never want any barriers to our training programs but we would consider the basic entry requirement:
- Starting age at 18 - 25 years
- Have a Passport
- Fluency in English
- Swimming is a basic requirement
- No pre-existing illness or disease
- Minimum height of 5'2 inches (157.5 cms) and weight in proportion
Subjects studied in the Cabin Crew training course (8 weeks) include:
- Safety Emergency Procedures
- First (1st) Aid
- Aviation Security
- Dangerous Goods Awareness
- Crew Resource Management – Initial
- Customer Care
- Cabin Service and Uniform Standards
- Fire Fighting
- Wet Drills
- Food & Beverage
- Grooming & Comportment
The courses are delivered in a fun and informative way by the Trainers. To graduate from the training, you will need to pass exams on all the subjects studied on the course and at the end you will be presented with certificates. You will be required to write an exam with the Authority to earn you a license.
WHAT TO WEAR ON YOUR CABIN CREW TRAINING:
We encourage you to be in decent casual clothings. For females (Dress/Trousers/Blouse) and males (Shirt/Trouser). Jeans are preferable during practical exercise. Faded jeans and shorts are not permitted.
Having been convinced and carefully considered the above, interested persons who want to join this exciting career path of becoming a Cabin Crew would undergo the following process accordingly and having passed each step before participation in the course will take place:-
- Register by picking up registration forms for GH¢50.
- Attend an interview which will be communicated to you.
- Undergo Medical Training to ascertain if you are medically fit or not.
- Pay your tuition fee at GH¢6,000
Course Duration : 8 weeks
Ghana Civil Aviation Training Academy (GATA) is located at the Kotoka International Airport adjacent to the Hajj Village.
For further information or clarification, kindly reach us (8am - 5pm Weekdays - (Mon. - Fri.)) on:
Mobile: Gloria - 0244 434 648 Michelle - 0246 146 038
E-mail: [email protected]
Application Tips For Aviation Schools Offering Air Hostess Training Courses In Ghana
- Choose institutions that reflect what you want to achieve.
- Pay a visit in person if you can and speak to students who have been admitted and ask for tips.
- Get recommendations from people that will make a difference between acceptance or rejection.
- Begin the application process and make sure you check-list all that is required of you.
- Provide additional information that may be relevant to your application.
- In this day and age of social media you must remember to manage your online presence.
- It will be in your best interest to go to the admissions office in person to find out about any updated information.
- It is very important not to miss any deadlines.
- Go over the application fully before you finally submit and make sure you have provided all required information.
- Make sure to choose recommendations that will make a positive difference to your application.